The revolutionary, space-saving bed and desk system that converts a bed to an efficient work station in seconds
Such a great space saver!
You can convert this unique space-saving bed into an elegant work station in seconds. Whether you are trying to reclaim the space in your guest bedroom, or need to double the space in your studio, dorm, kids room, micro-home, or any small space, a Hiddenbed from Hiddenbed of Oregon is the perfect solution.
The Hiddenbed Advantage
- Saves space: The Hiddenbed is a unique, innovative system that incorporates both a bed and a desk into a single piece of furniture, and doubles the utility of the room it occupies.
- Comfortable: It's far more comfortable than a hide-a-bed. You can use a standard mattress of your choice. Our Hiddenbeds are designed to accommodate mattresses up to 10" thick with some models accommodating mattresses up to 11 1/2" and even up to 14".
- Easy to use: It transforms almost effortlessly between work space and bed in seconds.
- Dependable: Solid, maintenance-free, long-lasting construction built for daily use.
"Majestic" One of 8 different models.
- Easily moved: Unlike wall-beds or Murphy beds, which are often built in, and difficult to move, the Hiddenbed easily goes with you when you move since it is a free-standing piece of furniture.
- A generous desk that's always flat: There is no need to remove items from the desk when transitioning to the bed. Nothing will fall off, and your equipment can remain plugged in at all times. Desks will hold items up to 17 3/4" tall and will hold up to 45 lbs. (the Ritzy holds items up to 14" tall). Power cords and other cabling easily connect with wall sockets behind the Hiddenbed.
Safe and dependable
- Safe: The Hiddenbed is designed with safety in mind. The patented mechanism allows for easy, safe, and smooth operation. The beds are well balanced, easy to operate, and allow complete control during the transformation process. With reasonable care, there is little chance for pinching any fingers.
- Secure: Hiddenbed has a lock knob on either end of the desk that keeps the desk securely in place when it is up. Just push the knobs in to lock the desk and pull them out when you are ready to convert to a bed. Many of our beds also can be locked in the down position, although this is not usually necessary.
- Tested: In December of 2009 two different Organizations, LGA Laboratories in Germany and the Public Laboratory of Construction in Japan, submitted the Hiddenbed ("Splendid" model) to rigorous testing for quality, safety and suitability for intensive use. Both organizations approved the safety and quality of the Hiddenbed and its mechanism. It has been tested through 10,000 cycles with no problems – an equivalent to about 30 years daily use.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Is it suitable for children? Yes. Kids love Hiddenbed, especially the twin models and the double decker. While younger children may need assistance, older children can transform the bed easily by themselves.
- Is it easy to install? It takes from about half an hour to two hours for a trained installer to set up the bed. For customers who purchase and install their own beds, it will take longer - two to four hours on average for two people. If you are familiar with basic tools and have access to a cordless screwdriver, it should be easy enough to do. We provide excellent videos of the entire assembly process as well as written instructions. We can also be available for phone consultation during the assembly process if necessary. If you don't feel confident to do the assembly yourself, we can help you to find a local handyman to assist with the assembly.
Our Latest Design - the "Ritzy"
- Is it customizable? Our Hiddenbed furniture comes in many sizes and styles, and can be made to order to match your room decor, with optional materials and finishes in additional to optional cabinetry and shelving.
- What is the warranty? Hiddenbed is guaranteed for 5 years against defects in hardware and craftsmanship.
- How long will it take to get it? If we have your model in stock, it will take about a week to ten days to receive it. If your model is not in stock, and depending on the material and finish you select, it could take up to three to four weeks.
Why should I purchase from Hiddenbed of Oregon?
Factory Direct: We produce all our own beds. We are hands on, we love what we do, and work directly with our customers to make them the bed that they want.
Our Specialty: We specialize in the Hiddenbed and offer a full line of finely crafted models. Most other producers do not specialize as we do, and do not have as many different models and options. Furthermore, we believe that our designs are better.
We Customize: We can fully customize your Hiddenbed to your specific tastes and needs. We offer our Hiddenbeds in real wood as well as Melamine, and a variety of finishes. Additionally, we offer cabinetry to go with our beds. Other producers are not as flexible.
We deliver and setup or ship: We not only provide local delivery and setup of your Hiddenbed (within a reasonable distance from our plant), but we ship to all locations in the U.S. and Canada.
Hard to beat our pricing: Our beds are very reasonably priced. It is not our intention to be the low-cost provider, but you will be hard pressed to find better prices.
What our customers say...
"We've had several pieces of furniture made by different local woodworkers and our Hiddenbed is by far the best workmanship. We have been using our bed/desk for about a month now and couldn't be happier with it. Thanks to our Hiddenbed, we are now able to use our guest room as an office workspace the other 90% of the time when guests aren't here! What a great way to make better use of the space we have!
Allison M., Portland, OR